What is changing?
Repeat prescription requests will be processed at a new Medicines Management Hub which will be based at Creech Medical Centre. The hub will consist of a team of dedicated prescription clerks and pharmacy technicians. This change will come into effect from 1st October 2021
Why is this change happening?
We have an opportunity to improve our current systems and the hub format has proven to be very successful in South Somerset.
How will this affect me?
It depends how you currently order your prescriptions:
- If you drop in your request on paper, this will have to change. We have provided more information below on your options
- If you currently phone us, the number may change, as well as the opening times
- If you currently use email, the email address may change
- If you currently request your prescription via the NHS App or Patient Access, this change will not affect you
What do I need to do?
If you currently drop in your request on paper, you will need to use another method. These are the options from 1st October:
- Online via
- Email: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name & address, and list the items required
- Phone: Lines will be open 9.30 – 13.00.
- Creech St Michael patients – Ring the surgery main number and listen to the options
Don’t leave it until the last minute to order and remember that your pharmacy will also need at least 48 hours to dispense your medicines. We advise that you place your order 7-10 days before you are going to run out.